- Q: I bought the Culinapp version of Baking with Dorie and it no longer works and my recipes are gone. How do I update to the Howzer version?
Q: Some (or all) of the videos have no sound...how can I fix this?
A: There actually is a quick and easy fix. It seems that the "mute" button on the side of your iPad has been accidentally turned on (this is common and happens easily). This is the small slider button above the volume switch on the top-right side of the iPad. Make sure it is slid toward the top (the red dot should NOT be visible).
Some users have this slider switch set to "rotate lock". If you've made that change (fyi, you can set the behavior of the side switch in Settings -> General -> Use Side Switch), then you'll find your mute setting by following these steps:
- Double-click the round hardware button at the bottom center of your iPad
- A taskbar menu will appear, showing all active apps currently running
- Swipe your finger to the right to reveal the audio controls
- The first audio button is the mute setting (it looks like a speaker)
- Tap it and make sure the speaker does NOT have a diagonal line thru it
Note if the above doesn't work and you have the side switch set to lock instead of mute, you may need to:
- Go to your Settings -> General -> Use Side Switch
- Change the side switch to Mute
- Move the side switch to unmute (no red dot), and then
- Change the setting back to "lock rotation"
For more info, see this discussion on Apple support: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3381079?start=0&tstart=0
Q: I can't get your app to install...help!
A: This is an iTunes issue unrelated to your Howzer application...if you google "iTunes failed to install" you'll see quite a few people complaining about this problem on a wide variety of apps.
The best fix we've found, once you've verified you do have at least 2gb of space available on your iPad, is to install using the App Store app on the iPad itself, rather than syncing with your iTunes PC or Mac.
- Make sure you are using your iPad with WiFi (wifi symbol should be on in top left)
- Tap the App Store app
- Go to the Updates tab (tap the furthest icon on bottom right)
- Find the Howzer (i.e. Baking with Dorie) application in your update list, and tap the "free" button to update
- This will install the app directly to your iPad over WiFi
Note: If you can't find the app under Updates, look under Purchased or select Featured and use the top search box to search for it.
Remember that some apps can be a 2gb download, so it will take some time, depending on the speed of your internet.
If this doesn't solve your problem, we suggest contacting Apple Support as app installation is handled on the Apple side and not by the app itself.
Please use the form below to contact us regarding application-specific issues or general questions.
For media inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Another Prize: Baking with Dorie hits the list of The Best of The Best
A remarkable testimonial is added to the recognition list of Baking with Dorie: the 20 years anniversary of the Gourmand Awards at Frankfurt Book Fair granted the app with The Best of The Best status!
Download the award-winning application for free and bake with the world-famous Dorie Greenspan! www.howz.to/DorieFree
Baking with Dorie Wins Best of the World Award
The Gourmand Awards are judged by culinary arts professionals from around the world. Over 150 countries had entries for this year’s competition. And the award for best culinary app in the world goes to... Baking with Dorie!
Good Housekeeping Reviews Joanne Weir's Cooking Confidence Appetizers
Sharon Franke of Good Housekeeping says, "what I really love about this app, is the emphasis on good solid technique and thorough explanations for why you do what you do...delivered in an ultra-friendly way."